The Rice Lake Public Library carries paper copies of common tax forms. If you need a tax form that we do not carry, we can still help by printing out a copy of that form. You can find the tax forms in a display case on the first floor of the library, beyond the circulation desk and by the large print book collection.
Library staff are not trained to give tax advice or recommendations.
Wisconsin Tax Forms
The Wisconsin Department of Renenue has changed the appearance of their website. The tax forms are organized according to who might need them: Corporation; Fiduciary, Estate, & Trusts; Individual; Partnership. Additional forms that don’t fall neatly into any category are listed below. Tax forms from previous years can be found here.
- Click on the word “Individual” to find forms such as the WI-Z, WI-1. WI-1A, etc.
- The Homestead Tax Credit form is available on this website.
- The forms are listed alphabetically.
- The forms and instructions are saved as PDFs for easy use and printing.
- Most of the forms are fill-in forms; that is, you can type the answers in them on the computer and print them out. The fill-in forms will still need to be printed to be filed with the state, unless it is an e-file form. (Seperate section of the website and very apparent since it says “e-file.” Fill-in forms can be printed out and also filled in by hand.
Federal Tax Forms
The IRS has announced that taxpayers have until April 17 to file their tax returns. The IRS offers a large array of information that can be very confusing. The forms are located on a page that shows the top 20 +/- forms that are requested. Directly below those forms, is a link that connects you to a new website showing all tax forms that is searchable by publication number or title. You may find prior years tax forms on the IRS website as well.
- The tax forms are usually listed alpha-numerically. The link to the actual tax form is the tax form number. The instructions can be found by clicking on the word “Instructions” located to the right of the form.
- Website with top 20 requested tax forms : http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/index.html
- Website with search bar for all tax forms : http://www.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html